The Dream Book of Self-Knowledge
- a cannibal only eats those parts of the body that he considers in himself to be poorly developed and that he wants to improve in himself.
- can express a dependent relationship – person (the cannibal) who lives off the money of another (the victim eaten).
- in dreams of current people it often symbolizes destructive passion in which the dreamer would rather "eat out of love" another "loving" person.
- can also be an example of subconscious oral sadism.
- being the victim of cannibals: the subconscious desire to be re-enveloped by the mother's womb, from which everyone was forcefully separated at birth (for more on prenatal experiences see the Basic Perinatal Matrix archetype).